Wednesday, January 28, 2009

AWCA Group

I am part of the AWCA group, it's the American Women's Club of Amsterdam. I joined about one month after we move here and this group has been a lifesaver for me. It's a wonderful club that has allowed me to meet lots of other American women who have gone through the same thing I have; living as an Expat in another country. I mainly do things with the Moms-n-Tots group which meets every Monday for playdates at someones house. We try to host one time every other month to have people over. I have met many wonderful new friends and the kids really enjoy playing with all the kids. This month I also helped put on a seminar called Having a Baby in Holland. Not that I want to do that; but it's a popular topic for young Expat women. I worked on a team with 5 other women in the club and volunteered our time and services to make the seminar happen. I think there will be a few more in the future. I enjoyed giving back to this wonderful club that has given me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment