Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quick trip to London

Wes had to go visit the London office for 2 days so I decided to tag along with him since the Grandma's were in town. I was really spoiled this time with them here! We just went for 1 night and 2 days. It's a quick easy flight and it's really easy to get around over there. Once we arrived Wes went straight to the office and I took the train into London to do a little sightseeing for the day. It's only a 15 minute train ride from Richmond, were the office is located. I did the London Eye and rode the double decker open top red bus tour that goes all over the town and sees all the sights. You can hop on and hop off at any stop. These were the two things I wanted to do last time but I couldn't since I had the kids with me and I was by myself. Since this trip was in March and it's still cold, there weren't many tourists out at all. I just walked right on the London Eye, which unheard off. I was in the capsule with just one other couple, so only 3 of us. That felt a little strange. The weather was actually pretty good. It was clear in the morning and then started to sprinkle a little by the afternoon. I headed back to Richmond and spent a little time at the office. We had a few drinks at a local bar with the boys from the office, and Wes was in heaven because they had Coors Light! We went to dinner with Neil and Bryan and then stayed the night at Neil's house. Wes worked the next day and I did some shopping in Richmond. I was in heaven; it's just like being in the States. They have all the "name brand" stores like Gap, and Gap Kids, Calvin Kein, and lots more. I was in heaven. Good thing we don't live there or we'd be broke!

Trip to London

No comments:

Post a Comment